Saturday, March 15, 2008

What a night of driving..

Had to drop the birthgivers at the airport tonight - hmm bad timing!
Bangalore was in the clutch of just 20 minutes of rain as I started out, but her gutters overfloweth with the love from her guts that looked liked a belching intestine!
Disabled vehicles were aplenty, and the occasional kannadiga walking across outer ring road in the absence of anything even remotely close to street lights all along up until aiport road, meant playing a dangerous game of dare - I wouldn't push the pedal beyond 45kmph, and the people behind me, surprise o surprise gladly obliged, since everyone was as blind as a bat in a cave at midnight.
Oppressively bad roads and impossibly crude waste managament, lack of sewerage contributed to atleast 1-2 feet water stagnating everywhere, and my heart goes out to the brave albiet foolish two wheelers who took to the roads tonight. I salute your spirit, and I hope you get back home to your loved ones, but please don't venture out on nights like these. Hopefully common sense prevailed over the hoi polloi, and we'd see some sane driving in namma Bengaluru.. I can't imagine if this were Devanahalli aiport, I'd not only not be home before mid-night, I'd also have a dislocated spine from all the bending, wiping, hooting, clutching, braking & the like-gripe.
Have a safe night tonight Bengaluru, rise and shine tomorrow!

No comments: