Thursday, March 27, 2008

Deflating corpulence

If you know me, you'd know how much I love jogging. And if you didn't know me, then I am a fitness freak. And if you've never met me, I am Brad Pitt's long-lost identical brother, Chad Pittanathan.
Hitting the gym was never a problem for me. But I am a misanthrope. Everything and everyone should be atleast in a radius of 3 feet away from me. I scrape against the wall as wafer-thin people walk past me in narrow corridors. The only thing I like touching me are my security blanket, when it provides me with warmth in the cool Bangalore nights.
So back to the gym - I used to be a regular jogger - @ 6 mins to a km, its not bad. Did that for about 7 months straight, sometimes even hitting the gym twice a day. Combined with a great common sense diet, it really helped me get into shape, and look better than ever before.

Suggested regimen - 25 mins of tough jogging - speed of your choice. Upper body exercises with free weights, situps, squats etc.
Morning diet : cornflakes, 6 almonds/walnuts (skimmed milk, half a spoon of sugar - no more)
Afternoon - 2 rotis, sabzis like chole, rajma, a bit of rice and curd
Night - salads, lots of veggies cut into a bowl, add salt and pepper and some lowfat dressing to taste. Some fruits - remember to fill in enough, else you will have a nagging feeling and fall into binge eating.
Last and the most important - control control control. Once your body reaches a certain metabolic state, it will automatically process junk food, provided you also exercise regularly.
And reward yourself once/twice a week, once you get results.
Happy running!

No comments: