Monday, November 05, 2007

Most Blog Writers are Annoying..

When I started Randomly Coherent, blogging was at its infancy.
There is no 'subtle' difference between normal, essay-like writing or story-telling - and the farce that is the blogger's weapon of choice - utter chaos, random gibberish and sentences which absolutely do not lead to any sane logical conclusion.
There are very few serious bloggers - and they, more often that not, use succinct language constructs and of course blog about serious topics, and try to drive home a point. Subtlety, maybe the occassional quip are the icing on the cake - not the cake itself (ever had a cake made out of cherries and frosting?).
Trouble is when people try to force you to read their blogs. I'm always on the lookout for a fresh perspective, and a new point of view in the digital world. But when horrendously structured sentences, with no logical link between them pass off as a "let me rant and rave here" blog, well, it really irritates me - give me something worthwhile to read. DaVinci or Picasso did'nt draw doodles on canvas. But then not every blog is a digital picasso. And probably it shouldn't be. But what it can do is inform, maybe educate, or titillate. Whatever the intent, the means to do them should always be the same - well-structured and to the point. Remember, when you try to get to someone, if you start rambling they are probably going to punch you in the face (rare), doze off (popular!) or just shake their head/s (indian elephant syndrome).
And I will stop my blog right here - anything more and I know I'd lose my audience. So blog freely, but blog responsibly.
Quote from the most famous son of Yorkshire (in India atleast), Geoffery Boycott, aka Boycs:
"That blog is utter rubbish... My mom could blog better"

No comments: