Saturday, January 12, 2008

27.9967890 and counting...

Birthdays are strange days!

We celebrate the entry of life into this world. We celebrate our addition to the swarming human population.
I don't understand birthdays a lot. There isn't much to understand per se. But the celebration doesn't make sense. Unless you have a lot of friends to hang out with. You would hang out with them on any other day. Just this day, they ensure they bathe themselves in your esteemed company. Some of them are there, to wish you well even though they don't really mean it, some of them are there for the dinner and open bar concomitant with any birthday celebration. And still others are there to make you feel old about yourself, for they just happen to be a few years younger. The good ones don't care for more than a phone call and a wise-crack.

There are major differences between celebrating a birthday as a kid and one (if you still call it worth celebrating) as an adult.
Kids want to grow older because the world doesn't take mental maturity on face value.
Adults, or atleast I, see it as a good time to take stock of my life, maybe analyze a few things in retrospect, and see the birth day as a good problem solving exercise.
So I should have this short list of things which I think I should have/ should be doing by the time I turn 28. I need to set some good goals for the following year and take up on them in right earnest.
Hmm, lets see what I plan to do the next year - Tomorrow is D-day, so I probably could think up of some good ones to put up on my blog tomorrow.
Keep reading "Randomly Coherent".

No comments: