Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Growing Pains

Kids are inherently silly and are prone to easy manipulation. Its fun to toy with them, and keep them hanging from a thing rope from time to time. They are almost like people but so much easier to fool, unless they are retarded already. I mean , who hasn't grown up with their parents telling them the most atrocious lies. You don't come to realizing you have been duped until you are out of your teens and staring down possible family commitments. You think about the false promises, the campaign of disinformation and the constant threat in case you tried to call their bluff : You might think you were living under the George Bush administration!
It's fun to see them try though, their efforts are honest. Sometimes I feel growing up is a part of undoing education. You may learn new things, but you lose something most important that kids have : impulse. Kids say and do the darndest things and put their politically and morally correct grown ups to shame. I headed to a friends place some months ago, he showed me a tire strung very high to a tree and asked me if I wanted to take a swing. I said no : Was thinking , fall, health insurance and recovery period. As a kid I had my elbows and knees scratched so bad my mom thought my skin would never grow back in those places.
It doesn't take much to entertain a kid. Growing up is such a bitch.

No comments: