Saturday, April 25, 2009

SWAT Cats

Does anyone recall the SWAT Kats? Or was it SWAT Cats? It used to play around on TV during the late 90's - and I always recall watching it eating an tomato-onion uthappam delciously lobbed by my dear loving mother. Was it after I came back from college? Oh, I don't know - it was the cable age, but there still weren't reality shows like MTV Hero Honda Roadies around, so I guess SWAT Kats [or was it SWAT Katz now, I am really confused] would have to make do.
I only recall T-Bone and Razr [or was it Razor - is that what inspired the Moto Phone?], and a hardassed cop whose city was policed with loads of choppers. The Kats had a combat aircraft which pretty much bordered on the looking like F-14 Tomcat but flies like a Britsh Navy Harrier and flight dynamics of a F-35 with the computing power of the internet stashed away somewhere. Very impressive.

10 years on and this is the only picture I can get of the SWAT Kats : Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!



So here is my song, an ode, a tribute to the gentle people of SWAT valley, the true radical squadron...

I get up in the morning
To the sound of the azaan
Every morning is Allah's blessing
For my day is really really fun

I am part of the virtue squadron
We have duty everyday
We pick up men with moustaches
And shaven freaks along the way

We impose the law of Sharia
In the valley of lovely SWAT
For that is the word of Muhammed
I know the Qu'ran by heart

Beating up defensless women
Who in public they'd be seen
With men who aren't relatives
Or showing off a bit of skin

Allah praise SWAT valley
We are imposing His holy word
Soon inshallah we will rule
With the letter of the sword

Who cares about education
Schools for women are a waste
Get caught with a book in SWAT
And lashes turn you into paste

Don't hate us for it
Allah wishes and we do
Just look at your family member
Who is holding you down too

So Allah Praise SWAT
The Switzerland of the East
And down with democracy
Coz its such a fu!@ing Beast !!!!

No comments: