Saturday, July 26, 2008

Revenge of the Washing Machine

I threw in a load of my clothes to wash today into my Whirlpool top loader. She is not a very quiet machine especially when it comes to the final tumble cycle - but mostly she is a very good and spotless cleaner. I have had her for over a year now, and she has done an excellent job so far.
So as I said, I threw in a load today and was watching the telly. It was down to the last 7 minutes of the final rinse when my machine decided to tumble dry, but not where she stood. She had decided to take a little stroll around and explore other household items in the process. Needless to say the machine had jumped off its stand and was now ducking and weaving around like Muhammed Ali vs Joe Frazer. I had to come and tried to yank the electricity off, but she was cutting into my hand with those tubes and wires. Finally I managed to stop her.
I later found out the external stand she stands on was the culprit. A little weaker and out of shape after over a 100 washes in the past year. But it was quite disconcerting but funny nevertheless to see the machine go for a little stroll like that. It sure made my day!

No comments: